Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Calendar project - April

My monthly stamping group is putting together a calendar. We've divided up the months so that each of us is responsible for 2 months of the year. We need to create 12- 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" pages for each of the 2 months. When we meet in November we will use a bind-it-all to bind the pages so that each of us gets 2 full calendars.
Here is my page for the month of April; I've already completed my pages for the month of August.
I started with a light green heavy weight card stock. After cutting the pages to size I stamped the flower stems in meadow, the clouds in london fog, and the rain drops in stormy sky. Next I cut a strip of decorative scrapbook paper for the bottom, trimming the top edge with decorative scissors, and then attached that to the bottom of the page. I mounted the April calendar onto green card stock and attached to the upper right corner.
I took a little 'cocktail' umbrella, opened it up, flattened it somewhat, and then taped it down to the page.... after all, it is April showers.
I used gel pens to color buds onto the flower stems. I used glossy accents to add a little dimension and sparkle to the rain drops. And, I used diamond glaze under the umbrella to help adhere the stick to the page.
I like the result and I hope everyone else in our monthly stamp group will like the month of April also.

No comments: