Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Here are a front and side view of the purse. I'm sure the ribbon I used was a leftover from some gift I received a while ago, but it worked well with these colors.
For the other card I cut out one of the clocks from the scrapbook paper and again used a piece of paper from a Bo-Bunny packet as the background layer. A friend of mine has the Tim Holtz clock die and months ago we cut out several of them. I found the die cuts hiding in my stash and thought it would work well with one of these cards.
The right side card is simply cut from the scrapbook paper, layered on black, and then placed on a burgundy card. The phrase was stamped and then cut with a spellbinders fancy tag.
The words stamped on this card are from a set from Stampers Anonymous.
I attached a very thin decorative ribbon where the scrapbook paper meets the embossed layer.
The right side of the bottom card uses a piece from the Bo-Bunny pack I have that matches this scrapbook paper so well. The 'time' stamp is from Stampers Anonymous. It is stamped on the Bo-Bunny paper and then layered on gold metallic and brick red paper. The decorative ribbon is attached where the 2 decorative papers meet. A decorative corner punch was used on the 2 right side corners of this card.
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Here is a picture of the front of the purse. The colors I would be using to make the matching cards would be browns, blues, greens, and yellows.
I found this color scheme and flourish pattern the most challenging of the purse and card sets I have made to date.
I wanted a 'masculine' themed card in this set so I stamped the car, cut with a spellbinders die, and layered onto 2 more spellbinders die cut pieces. I used a fancy corner punch on the decorative scrapbook paper layer.
On the right I used a spellbinders die for mounting the phrase and an EK Success border punch on the left side of the dark green layer. A piece of sheer ribbon was placed down the left edge and a couple of fancy embellishments were glued to the corners on the right side of the card.
For the thank you card I ran a piece of core'dinations paper through the cuttlebug with the batik embossing folder and then sanded. I layered a piece of the decorative paper onto a piece of blue/green card stock and then onto the core'dinations layer, which is mounted on a yellow card. I stamped the 'thanks' greeting onto a yellow scrap piece, cut it to fit inside the spellbinders die I cut from the decorative paper and sponged on some broken china distress ink before attaching to the fancy die. I also mounted that fancy die onto a piece of blue card stock before applying to the front of the card with dimensional foam mounting tape.
I ran a dark blue piece of card stock through the cuttlebug with the flourish embossing folder. I used the EK Success border punch to create the flourish border for the top of the card and I used the pieces that were punch out (the tiny flourishes) and applied them to the tops of some of the embossed flourishes.
The phrase was stamped and embossed with seafoam white embossing powder onto the dark blue piece and then cut with scissors. I layered that onto a piece of yellow card that I cut following the same cutting pattern on the blue piece.
The card on the right was created by running the light blue layer through the cuttlebug with the sizzix texture fade (Ray), but only on the top half of the card. I happened to have a piece of brown and blue ribbon that went well with this color scheme. The phrase was stamped onto yellow card, die cut with a spellbinders oval and then layered onto another spellbinders scalloped oval.
I'm glad to be done with this set. I have one more to do, but it will be fun... clocks!!