Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gift box with card

I recently spent some time creating with friends. This wonderful gift box and matching card was a project shown to us by one of my crafting friends. Would you believe we used a box from health bars or instant breakfast drinks to make this box?? You break the box down, cut off the top flaps, and reassemble inside out. Then using one sheet of 12 x 12" decorative paper and some pieces of coordinating solid card stock cover the box and create a matching card. I also used a paper crimper and decorative edge punch on some of the solid pieces of card stock. The flowers on the box and card are fabric flowers and buttons.
You punch two holes on each side of the box at the top and string ribbon or twine through them to create handles for the gift box. Get some coordinating tissue and you have a great gift box that is reusable!! I'm definitely making more of these. Thanks to my friend for a great idea.

No comments: