Friday, June 27, 2008

More altered tins

I bought some cute little tins at the local stamp store. They were painted white to start with so I used various colors of alcohol inks. They look great, but they need something else to add interest.
And here are the finished tins. I created an embellishment using hot glue and a stamp. After they cooled I applied inks and rub ons until I achieved colors that I thought looked good on the tins. But that wasn't enough.... So I got out my fibers and beads and this is the result.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Altered Tin

Back in May I started working on some tins. At that time I posted a picture of the tin after I had sanded and painted it. I finally found the embellishments I thought would work .... I used a glue gun to apply the decorative braiding around the edge of the top.

Here's a better view of the top...
Two decorative leaves, one gold and one copper, along with a bee (button).
I think it is finished; although, I'm not sure if I should add something on the right side. I don't want to clutter it up! I'll let it sit and look at it again in a week or two.

Monday, June 9, 2008

A Mermaid for Autumn

Autumn is "IT" for the month of June. And at her request we are all to create something with a mermaid or merman. Here is the bookmark I created. I started by spraying Aileen's color mists onto watercolor paper; then I sprayed on a little extra water to get the colors to run. After stamping the mermaid image, i colored some parts of her with gel pens.

I stamped a Paula Best saying on the back of the bookmark, colored in some of it with gel pens, let dry, and then laminated it. An eyelet was added to the top for the tassel and 3 eyelets at the bottom for the shrink plastic charms. Now all I need to do is send it off to Autumn.

Art Venture Deco page

I received Margaret Rogers' deco book from Pea. My first attempts were a disaster and so the only thing left to do was cover everything up with paint. I LOVE the way these backgrounds turned out!! Then I stamped the 'eye' image directly onto the painted background, but it wasn't bold enough so I stamped it on matching vellum...and much better!
Here is the back of the page for Margaret's book. I loved the color, but it needed more interest than just the main image so I stamped with crimson copper brilliance using a texture stamp. Then I added the little swirls and the 'art' stamp. I wish I wouldn't have stamped with the 'art' stamp; I think it takes away from the other image.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Altered Game Piece

I joined an altered domino swap and this is what I am going to send to my partner. This game piece is double the size of a domino; I have no idea what game this piece is from!!!
I colored it with alcohol inks and then stamped the image. Even though I used black stazon the image looks like it was stamped with blue ink!!! I used a krylon pen on the edges and then I finally used some of the mica flakes that I had bought quite a while ago. I like it and I hope the person that receives it does also.