Wednesday, November 7, 2012
It is amazing what a person can accumulate over the span of several years. All the items I added were so small that it didn't even make a dent in my stash.
However, I really enjoyed this project and could see doing more of them in the future.
This project was so much fun. Thanks Jan, for having this class for us. It opened my eyes to a lot more project ideas... now all I have to do is execute them!!!
- Maggi created a small pin using friendly plastic we played with during our art camp. It is in the upper left corner of my apron.
- Jan drew the artistic letter 'C' in the top center.
- Pea created the friendly plastic black and white checkered heart that is velcroed onto the apron just below the 'C'.
- I added the pic of Molly that had placed on a TAP transfer.
- I added the small butterfly transfer on the left side.
- And there is the TAP transfer that Margaret sent to all of us. It is a pic of all of us in our altered aprons.
- Carol drew the butterfly on the right side using fabric markers.
- Margaret applied glittery paint over a flowered stencil and then added gems in the center of some of the flowers.
- Pea stenciled the letters 'W', 'A', and 'C' for WI Art Camp. I added the other letters using scribbles fabric paint.
- I added the smaller TAP transfer of our artsy group that Margaret also sent to us next to Pea's WAC.
- I drew the fish using the scribbles fabric paint.
- Bev hand embroidered the word 'create' onto a piece of burlap fabric and then added a decorative button and flower before attaching to the apron using french knots. I'll bet she thought she'd never finish.
- Mary had stamped an image onto a piece of muslin and added some color prior to art camp. Then she sewed it onto the apron pocket.
Needless to say... I don't think any of us will wash these aprons and take the chance of losing all the wonderful artwork. It was a fun project and I think everyone enjoyed it.