Monday, September 12, 2011

Calendar project - August

My monthly stamping group is putting together a calendar. We've divided up the months so that each of us is responsible for 2 months of the year. We need to create 12- 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" pages for each of the 2 months. When we meet in November we will use a bind-it-all to bind the pages so that each of us gets 2 full calendars.
Here is my page for the month of August.
I used a piece of specialty paper I purchased from The Paper Cut. It appears to have waves so it is perfect for coloring blue and pretending it is the ocean! I cut a strip of brown paper with decorative scissors for the sand and attached small shells with diamond glaze. The palm tree is stamped and then colored with markers. The duck in the inner tube was stamped on a separate piece of card stock, colored with markers, cut out, and run through a xyron sticker maker. Before attaching him to the page I applied diamond glaze on the inner tube for dimension. The fish jumping out of the ocean is a sticker and the little splash image is a stamp from the same 'Close to my Heart' set that the duck is from. I hope everyone likes their August page.

No comments: