Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Accordion card holder and cards

I recently spent some time creating with friends. Each of us brought a project to share. This accordion card box and matching cards was the idea of one of my crafty friends. We started with 2 - 12 x 12" sheets of double sided scrapbook paper. I chose a blue paper that had diagonal stripes on one side and green dotted circles on the other. One side of the paper was used for the top and sides, while the other side was used for the front and back. Magnetic pieces are adhered to the inside of the flap and at the top of the front so that the flap stays closed. It is difficult to see, but there is a ribbon handle on the top; it is slipped through slits cut in the top and then the ribbon is taped to the inside and covered with some of the paper to hide the ends. Creating the card holder does not use one entire piece of the 12 x 12" paper so you use the remaining piece along with the second piece of 12 x 12 to create the cards that will go inside the holder.
Here are 3 of the cards I made with the same 2 sided decorative scrapbook paper and white card stock. Some of the layouts I copied from the cards my friend had made and some are original designs. We had a multitude of tools to work with: nestability dies, punches, ribbons, stamps, gel pens, inks, etc.
It was so much fun to see what each of us came up with and to learn and work off each other's creativity. It really is beneficial to be able to work along side each other.
Here are the last 2 of the 5 cards I made. I could make more... I still have some of the decorative scrapbook paper left! But, this will be a perfect birthday gift for a friend who is coming over on Saturday! It turned out so great it is difficult to part with it, but I'll be making more soon. These will be great to give to family members. I always give a packet of cards to them for their birthdays. Usually the cards are just tied together with ribbon and placed in a gift bag. They'll be surprised when their cards come in a coordinating accordion card box.

No comments: