Wednesday, October 3, 2012

2013 Calendars.... continued

I'm finished with my 2013 calendars!!!  Hurray!!!
It was fun.  I have several stamps that are motivational type phrases and I wanted to use them on this year's calendars.
I still had a bunch of these cute little drink umbrellas and they seemed the perfect addition for this phrase.
 I love this saying... what am I saying... I love all the phrases I used on these calendars!!!
I have a lot of decorative papers, and this sheet from a BoBunny pack was a good choice with the Tim Holtz man and umbrella stamp.  Is there a theme going on here with my calendars???  I just realized I have another umbrella in this set of calendars!!
 Here is that same phrase and the umbrella man, but on a different sheet from the BoBunny pack.  I used one of my newest purchases on this set of calendars.  It is up there in the top left corner and it is called mica fragments.  The color is tea stained; it comes in several colors, and it is from Stampendous.  I attached the flakes with a little dab of glue.  At the rate I'm using these flakes they'll last me forever... with half the jar leftover.
 I bought this stamp some time ago... like years.  I don't know if I ever used it until today.  I ran the background piece through the Cuttlebug using the Roman Bath embossing folder.  The paper is 'So...Jeans Blue' and I purchased it from The Paper Cut.  After running the piece through the Cuttlebug I used a piece of sandpaper so that some of the white core came through.
 This calendar is using the same stamp and paper as the one shown above.  The difference being that I used the 'Retro Squares' embossing folder.
 These colorful papers were in my large folder containing scraps.  But the scraps were large enough to accommodate the sizes I needed for the calendar.  I added a little ric rack where the 2 different papers met.  I must know someone who will like these bright colors!
 Here again is a piece of 'scrap' paper I had in my stash that was big enough to use for a calendar.  I love using up items that I've been saving!
 This one may make your eyes go crazy, but I do like those colors.
 Sticking with the theme of time/clocks like the first couple sets of calendars I made, I came up with this design.  I like the fact that this stamp fit inside one of the spellbinders dies that I have.
The 'Stars' embossing folder was the perfect match with this stamp.  One of my most used tools is my Gelly Roll 'clear star' gel pen.  It really makes those embossed stars pop!!!
Well, that should do it for 2013 calendars!!!

No comments: