Monday, September 17, 2012

2013 Calendars

 I'm running out of TIME!!!!  I know it is only September, but I need to get my 2013 calendars finished soon!
I recently purchased a set of stamps at a rummage sale at my local stamp store.  Those stamps seemed perfect to use for some of the 2013 calendars I am in the process of creating.
All 4 stamps used on this and the next calendar shown came from that set.
I used spellbinders dies to cut out the sentiment and an additional layer of card stock to mount it on.
 After making 4 calendars with the purple card stock I decided to make another 4 using beige and green.  I did use a different sentiment on the beige calendars.
I used some sparkling embossing powder on the word 'Time' when I stamped it.  And I used my gel glitter pen to highlight parts of the stamped clock in the lower left corner.

For the next set of calendars I used a sizzix embossing folder, of clocks naturally, to emboss the background.
The sentiment I used is one of Tim Holtz's stamps.  I love the sentiment and wanted to use some of my 'inspirational' type stamps on this year's batch of calendars.
I used my gel glitter pen again to highlight the hands on one of the embossed clocks.
I used the sponge applicator tool to add some shading to the sentiment after it was cut out with a spellbinders die.



And just as I had with my previous design... I created 4 calendars using one color (purple) and then created  4 more in a different color scheme... orange.

No comments: