Monday, March 26, 2012

Seniors on the Go card

This past weekend our town held it's second annual fundraiser for 'Seniors on the Go'. This organization provides rides for those in our community that don't have access to transportation and that need a ride to places like the store, the Dr office, etc. The local Rotary and Lions clubs organize a fundraiser that includes a live band for dancing, raffles with prizes, and a silent auction. The event was very successful again this year, as it was last year.
As I did last year, I created and mailed out thank you cards to those businesses and individuals who donated prizes for the raffles and the silent auction. I ran a piece of brown card stock through the cuttlebug with the retro circles embossing folder and attached that to the kraft card. I scanned a section of map showing our local area and then ran off the necessary copies for the cards. I sponged the edges with vintage photo distress ink before attaching to the right side of the card. I used a spellbinders label die to cut and emboss the 'Seniors on the Go' I had typed on some off white paper and then sponged the inside edges with vintage photo distress ink. I added 2 small dots of walnut stain distress stickles to the label before attaching it to the card with dimensional foam pieces. I stamped the old car using stazon saddle brown ink onto bright white shrinky dinks, cut it out, and then shrank with a heat gun. I applied the car to the map with a glue dot.
The thank you cards I made last year were similar, but since playing with shrink plastic earlier this year I decided to use it for the car.

No comments: