Sunday, March 18, 2012

March shoebox

Shoebox night if fast approaching.. time to create. I wanted to use some of the new 'toys' I recently purchased at the Mark-It Place in Sayner. I used an embossing folder made by Darice. I ran a piece of white card stock through the cuttlebug with the embossing folder then layered that onto black glossy card stock, and then onto the green card. I used a Martha Stewart punch (birds on a wire) with red card stock to create the birds and then attached them with glossy accents. I used some green card stock to punch the grass with a fiskars punch and attached that to the bottom edge with glossy accents. And then, Bonnie will love this, I used my bow maker to tie the double bow using green ribbon and attached to the trunk of the tree with a glue dot.

For this card I used the embossing folder with Core'Dinations paper. This piece is from the Whitewash collection which is an off white on one side and various colors on the opposite side. After running the piece through my cuttlebug with the embossing folder I sanded the paper so that the blue/green color was exposed. Before attaching the embossed piece to the card I attached the small label to the front so that the thread I had strung through the holes on each side could be attached to the back. The 'think happy thoughts' is a small stamp I have that fits perfectly in the small nestabilities label. Again I used some of the red birds I had punched for the first card I did and a piece of green card stock that I punched to look like grass.

No comments: