Monday, March 26, 2012

Sudoku ATC's - Round 2

Round 2 of our sudoku ATC's is beginning and here are my backgrounds. This time we needed to make 8 because Mary has decided to join us.. hooray!!!
When I finished my backgrounds I looked back at the ones I had done for round 1. I found that my color scheme was very similar. But, I did use a different technique for these and I like them so much so I am going to use them.
I found the technique on Carol Sweeney's blog. You start with 2 sheets of glossy paper and 3 different colors of dye reinkers. After applying drops of the reinkers to one of the glossy sheets, and then spraying with some water, you place the second glossy sheet on top and 'smoosh'. A very technical term. When you pull the 2 sheets apart you can 'smoosh' them back together if you have any uninked areas. And if you don't like the colors you could add more reinkers and water and 'smoosh' again!! Very simple and very beautiful.

No comments: