Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sweetpea birthday card

This cute birthday card will be perfect for some little girl. Actually, what I'm thinking of doing is making more using this set of Sweetpea stamps and giving a packet of cards as a gift to my niece and my granddaughter. Then they can give them to their friends for their birthdays!
I stamped the little girl image onto watercolor paper and colored with Twinkling H2O's, then mounted her onto black glossy cardstock. I had some Paper Adventures embossed cardstock that I cut with a decorative scissors and attached to the blue card. But before attaching that I strung some silver metallic ribbon through a star shaped brad and attached it to the embossed paper. I stamped one of the verses from this set of Sweetpea stamps above the little girl.
Here's the inside of the card using 3 more of the images available on plate #9. One of my nieces has a birthday coming up so I think I'll give this to her.
Just as with the image on the front of the card, I mounted the watercolor paper onto black glossy before attaching to the inside front.

No comments: