Sunday, August 16, 2009

Friendly plastic embellishments on booklet

CCSwaps was running a friendly plastic swap and my partner was Pea!!! Back in June Pea, Maggi, Mary, and I had a play day to work with FP. I had never done anything with FP before. It was so much fun and I plan to buy some and do more things with it, but I hadn't gotten any FP before this swap hit the boards so I had to use the pieces I had created on that play day. Starting with a small black booklet bound with the bind-it-all machine I decided to attach the pieces to the covers. But, the pieces alone weren't enough so I cut 4 pieces of foil tape, ran them through the cuttlebug using the script folder, and then colored them with alcohol inks that would coordinate with the colors used in the FP pieces.

On the inside of the booklet cover I placed another piece of the foil tape. For this piece I used the same colors used on the front cover.

Just as I did with the other inside cover, I placed a piece of foil tape. This piece is colored with watermelon, pool, and sailboat blue alcohol inks.

And here's the back of the booklet.... well, it could be the front too!!! I attached my second friendly plastic piece on top of the foil tape that I processed through the cuttlebug using the script folder. This piece of foil tape was colored with salmon, pool, and sailboat blue alcohol inks.

No comments: