Sunday, August 16, 2009

Altered notebook

These Sweetpea images and verse are from plate #3. There are several more images and verses on the plate, but I used a small notebook so only had room for these 3.
I started with a 3 x 5" notebook. To make it easier I unwound the wire coil so that I could work with the cover. I cut a piece of white glossy cardstock to fit the front cover. I stamped a background image with versamark, dried with a heatgun, and then applied 3 colors of alcohol ink. I then stamped the mermaid, the shells, and the word (attitude) with black india ink. I added some glossy accents to the shells on the mermaid, but it is hard to see. Maybe adding some glitter to that while wet would have been a good idea. I then glued the glossy cardstock to the cover of the notebook, punched holes through the glossy to match those on the cover, and then rewound the coil through the notebook.
To add a little pizazz, I attached a few fibers to the coil and tied a glass fish bead to the end of one of the fibers.

No comments: