Thursday, February 2, 2012

Shoebox homework

At a recent gathering of our shoebox group we were given some 'homework'!!! You would have thought that homework only came with school... well, guess again.
Using a spellbinders die we cut out 3 layers of a flower from decorative and solid scrapbook paper. It was our assignment to assemble the flower and create a card to attach the flower to.
Well, here is my card. I just happened to have some decorative card stock that matched the colors in the flower almost perfectly! I used a Martha Stewart decorative border punch on the solid colored triangular piece of card stock and used a flourish stamp with brilliance ink before adhering it to a triangular piece of patterned card stock. Then, before I attached that to the brown card I wrapped some rust colored fiber around the top portion and taped it to the back so that it wouldn't shift. I attached a pearl button to the middle of the flower.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Love this card, the colors, the textures, the flower!