Saturday, February 18, 2012

A jump start on Christmas 2012

It is only Feb 18, 2012 and I have 25 Christmas cards finished... well, except for the stamped sentiment on the inside. While I was looking through all my stamping 'stuff' to gather unwanted items for a rummage at the local stamp store, I came across a package of card kits I purchased from The Paper Cut last year. And, since I'm also on a kick to use up old stuff and use things I haven't yet I pulled out the card kit and began making these cards. I was able to use up some snowmen ribbon I've had for years and some snowflake ribbon brads. The item I hadn't used yet that I was able to incorporate was my Tim Holtz mover and shaper die... the pine tree. After die cutting the pine trees I painted some iridescent pearl paint on the edges and after that dried I added some glitter snow. The burgundy window overlay piece was run through the cuttlebug with the snowflakes embossing folder. Then, using my clear star Sakura gel pen I outlined all the snowflakes to add sparkle. The window seemed bare with just the pine tree die cut in it so I stamped a Tim Holtz pine bough in the upper right and lower left areas.
Now I'm off to see what other "old" stuff I have in my stash.

No comments: