Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Vintage Christmas cards

I recently joined an online crafting group and decided to join a swap that required creating 6 vintage Christmas cards. Once the swap closes in July I'll find out who to send these to.
For all of these cards I used some decorative Christmas themed card stock that I've had for 2 or 3 years. I'm trying to use what is in my 'stash' before I go buy any more. And, for each of these cards I used vintage Christmas images that I found on the internet and then printed on matte photo paper.
For both of these 2 cards I used spellbinders nestabilities to cut the circular images and then cut a frame for each. I also used the fancy buckle nestabilities and cut some gold buckles to use with the ribbon.


I used spellbinders nestabilities to cut each of the images and then to create frames for each.
On the left I used a felt decorative mitten as an embellishment. I can't remember where I had purchased it, but it was a couple years ago and I bought green mittens, as well as some other christmas shapes.
On the right I used some decorative printed ribbon that a friend of mine found for me.


On these 2 cards I used snowflakes that were created using a sizlets die. The die contains 2 sizes of snowflake. I cut some using white sparkly paper and then cut the smaller snowflake using green and gold decorative cardstock to match each of the cards. I also used some of my spellbinders nestabilities to cut out the images and to create a frame around each.

No comments: