Saturday, April 23, 2011

Gatefold with a twist

I found this card design on Stamp TV. Here is a link..
http://stamptv.ning.com/video/gatefold-card-with-a-twist
I used my scor buddy to create these cards... that makes it so easy! I used a stamp I hadn't used yet... it is actually one stamp with three bird images. I stamped the image onto glossy card that contained an alcohol ink background I had made months ago. Then I cut the 3 bird images apart and mounted onto black card stock. I used some decorative card stock as the background on the right and left panel of the gatefold. I had found some square metal embellishments for $1 at Michael's and thought they'd look good on this card. It needed something to perk it up a little since the paper I used to cover the panels seemed a little dull to me.
Here's another look at that card so that you can see how the card opens up. The top and bottom bird images are attached only to the left hand panel and the middle bird image is attached only to the right hand panel.











Here's another gatefold card using the same stamp, but different card stock on the panels.

Here's another look at the card so that you can see how the images are attached to the panels of the card.
I like the background paper I used on this 2nd card better than the 1st card. I think it makes the bird images stand out more.

No comments: