Saturday, April 23, 2011

Feminine cards

This is the card I've created to take to our May shoebox gathering. I needed to get this done early because I know I won't have much time before we meet in May.
An oval nestabilities was used to cut a pink oval which I embossed and then shaded with raisin adorondack ink. I then stamped the dress image once onto the pink oval and then onto a piece of patterned vellum paper. I cut the dress out of the vellum paper, ran it through my xyron sticker maker and attached to the image on the pink oval. A wine colored layer was cut (5 5/16 x 4 1/16") and then punched with a decorative corner punch. That layer was attached to the pink card. A piece of pink patterned decorative scrapbook paper was cut (5 x 3 3/4") and then a different corner punch used. I used a nestabilities scalloped oval to cut an opening in the decorative piece slightly higher than center. Before attaching that layer I placed it on top of the wine layer, positioning it in the appropriate place so that I could glue the pink oval in place onto the wine colored card stock first. Once that was done I attached foam mounting tape to the decorative frame and then attached to the card so that the frame is raised adding dimension to the card. The pink bow was created with my bow-easy and attached to the bottom using glue dots.

I created this card a couple of weeks ago. It is one of several different styles of feminine cards I created when a friend asked if I would make a 'Sweet 16' birthday card for her to give to her granddaughter. I combined some of the elements of this card and the one that my friend chose for her granddaughter to create the style I'll take along for our May shoebox night.
In this card none of the layers are raised even though the picture may make it appear that they are. I think the various die cuts, paper colors, ink shading, and embellishments make it appear more dimensional than it is. This may be the card I sent to my great niece when she turns 16 later this year! Or is she going to be 15???

No comments: