Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cattails die

 My friend Maggi gave me a spellbinders die called 'Cattails' in December.  It is a wonderful die, but a little bit of a pain in the neck to use.  The piece has some very fine/narrow stems that are tricky to cut and then release from the die.  I found that using wax paper along with the paper being die cut helps... also running the die through my cuttlebug multiple times makes it easier to get a clean cut and a good release.
 So, as long as I was getting good results I decided to cut several of the die... and rather than put the pieces aside and doing something at a later date I jumped right in and created some cards with the die cuts.

 I did sponge on some light beige to brown inks after I removed the papers from the die.
For some cards I used embossing folders on the layer beneath the die to create texture.  For other cards I used decorative scrapbook papers.
 I have quite a few word/phrase stamps that I've been intending to put to use... what better time than now.
I'm happy with the batch of cards I can now add to my stash.  And I used up all the die cuts... maybe I should create more.

2 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

I really like what you did with the cattails die. So far I've only cut one and lopped off their wheaty heads and used them as filler in a floral arrangement. I will have to make cards similar to yours and see how they turn out!

Amelia Clark said...

I was really searching for such a nice post and got here...Thanks for sharing such a nice information, its beneficial for me...Keep sharing more.
spellbinders