Saturday, January 5, 2013

Baby Carriage Card





I was looking through my friend, Bonnie's, blog today and was inspired.  I commented that this was a card I was going to make.  Well, why wait!!!  I might not get to it if I put it off.  And, since I'll be needing a card like this for the 'soon to be born' great grandson why not get it done now!!!
Here is a link to Bonnie's blog for this card...
http://craftiblog.wordpress.com/2012/12/31/2012-12-31-welcome-baby-new-year/
Here are the pieces for my card.  I did use a cuttlebug folder on the front piece of the carriage since I was using core'dinations paper and planned to sand it down.
 Bonnie mentioned that you needed to experiment with the size of the piece used for the carriage awning.  My piece was 2 1/2" wide by 9" long, and I scored it at every 1/4".  After sanding the cuttlebug'd area I attached the awning using plenty of fabric tack.  I did use some double sided tape to adhere the bottom edge before gluing and some on the other edge after gluing.  This step needs to be done prior to attaching the front piece to the card.
Hold down the awning and let the glue take hold before moving on to the next step.
 I had cut a strip of decorative scrapbook paper from the same sheet I used for the awning.  I used the same border punch (Martha Stewart) on that strip as I had on the top of the awning.  I attached that with some double sided tape.
Then, just as Bonnie did, I used a brad, mine is a star shaped brad, and some ribbon and attached it in the corner before taping the front piece onto the card.
And the final touch... I attached the small circles to the front and back of the card and then attached buttons to all 4 circles/wheels.  Baby Nolan may not appreciate the card, but I know that Mom, Lizzy, and Grandma, Tammy, will!!!    Thank you Bonnie!!!!




No comments: