Saturday, February 2, 2013

Flourish gift purse with cards




 I just completed another gift purse with matching cards.  For this project I used 2 sheets of decorative scrapbook paper that had a flourish design on one side and a solid blue/green color combination on the other.
Here is a picture of the front of the purse.  The colors I would be using to make the matching cards would be browns, blues, greens, and yellows.
 Here is a side view picture of the purse.  The cards are not in it yet.  I have to choose 6 cards from the 8 that I created with the leftover decorative paper.
I found this color scheme and flourish pattern the most challenging of the purse and card sets I have made to date.
 I really like these 2 cards.  The bird cage is embossed on the blue paper with seafoam white embossing powder.  The stamp was part of a $1 find at Michaels.  The birds on a wire are a Martha Stewart punch.  The cage is mounted on 2 pieces cut from spellbinders dies.
I wanted a 'masculine' themed card in this set so I stamped the car, cut with a spellbinders die, and layered onto 2 more spellbinders die cut pieces.  I used a fancy corner punch on the decorative scrapbook paper layer.
 Everyone can use birthday cards so I created 2 of them.  On the left I created the trim pieces with an EK Success border punch and the solid side of the decorative paper.  The card looked very 'blah' without those pieces.
On the right I used a spellbinders die for mounting the phrase and an EK Success border punch on the left side of the dark green layer.  A piece of sheer ribbon was placed down the left edge and a couple of fancy embellishments were glued to the corners on the right side of the card.
 I love clock/time themed cards.  On the left I stamped a clock face and mounted to a spellbinders fancy die, inserted a brad and some clock hands I found in the jewelry section of Michaels.  The fancy flourish corner in the lower right is also a spellbinders die, as well as the fancy label I used to mount the saying.
For the thank you card I ran a piece of core'dinations paper through the cuttlebug with the batik embossing folder and then sanded.  I layered  a piece of the decorative paper onto a piece of blue/green card stock and then onto the core'dinations layer, which is mounted on a yellow card.  I stamped the 'thanks' greeting onto a yellow scrap piece, cut it to fit inside the spellbinders die I cut from the decorative paper and sponged on some broken china distress ink before attaching to the fancy die.  I also mounted that fancy die onto a piece of blue card stock before applying to the front of the card with dimensional foam mounting tape.
 And the last 2 cards...
I ran a dark blue piece of card stock through the cuttlebug with the flourish embossing folder.  I used the EK Success border punch to create the flourish border for the top of the card and I used the pieces that were punch out (the tiny flourishes) and applied them to the tops of some of the embossed flourishes.
The phrase was stamped and embossed with seafoam white embossing powder onto the dark blue piece and then cut with scissors.  I layered that onto a piece of yellow card that I cut following the same cutting pattern on the blue piece.
The card on the right was created by running the light blue layer through the cuttlebug with the sizzix texture fade (Ray), but only on the top half of the card.  I happened to have a piece of brown and blue ribbon that went well with this color scheme.  The phrase was stamped onto yellow card, die cut with a spellbinders oval and then layered onto another spellbinders scalloped oval.
I'm glad to be done with this set.  I have one more to do, but it will be fun... clocks!!








1 comment:

bonnie32002 said...

Oh my word! LOOK at all the card purses! They look wonderful and I'm sure the recipient will love it as well!