Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Faux bleach technique

I was searching for ideas one day and ran across the faux bleach technique on Carol Sweeney's blog. I love it!! There are a couple of faux bleach techniques. For this one, you stamp with versa mark or embossing ink onto white glossy paper, dry with a heat gun, apply dye inks to color the background, buff with a paper towel, and then stamp over with a different image/stamp using a darker colored ink.
On the left I stamped a word stamp using the versamark and then sponged on various adirondack dye inks. I then stamped another word stamp using black ink over the background. On the right I stamped a music type stamp in versamark ink, sponged on various colors of distress inks, and then stamped a word stamp over the background.
For the card on the left I used one of my fairy stamps from Sweetpea Stamps. After stamping it, I used some of my adirondack dye inks. The image is somewhat detailed and I didn't know if I'd like how it worked using this technique. I do like it; I just don't like the rest of the card!!
For the card on the right I used a latticed background type stamp and then applied distress inks. It resulted in a very pastel looking background. I do like how this card turned out.

Thanks Carol for your continued inspiration!!!

No comments: