Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"F" is for "_____" Swap

I recently ran a swap titled "F" is for "____". In this swap the participants are to create something that is somehow associated with the letter F. I just closed the swap and am getting ready to package my swap items up to give to Maggi.
To start with I have a faux leather purse that is just the right size to hold several greeting cards. The funny thing is, Maggi is the one who found the website that demonstrated how to create this faux leather purse!!
The cards I am including in the purse are all somehow related to the letter F. Here they are....

The oriental theme is one of Maggi's favorite. She may even recognize the ginkgo patterned paper I used on this card since she was with me when I bought it at a Paper Adventures warehouse sale several years ago. The silver fan charm is the key to this card fitting into the 'F' theme of this swap.





Faux foil... I learned this technique on the stamp tv site where Gina K demonstrates many wonderful techniques. I ran heavy duty aluminum foil through the cuttlebug and then after attaching the foil to a piece of black card stock I used metallic rub-ons to create the look of tin. I think my numbers embossing folder works great for birthday cards.







'F' is for fish on this card. I created a raised frame for the fish using a nestabilities oval die and some decorative card stock. I also used a decorative punch along the right side... bubbles seemed an appropriate punch to use with the fish theme.








Following along with the 'f' theme.. this card was made with a fall motiff. The leaves are stamped with black india ink over a background I created on white glossy paper using alcohol inks. I know Maggi loves the fall colors so I'm sure she'll enjoy this card.







The background under the stamped image is called 'faux bleach'. I found this technique demonstrated on Carol Sweeney's blog; she has wonderful postings and fabulous artwork!!
I stamped a word stamp onto glossy white card stock using versamark. After drying with a heat gun I sponged on various colors of dye ink. Then I stamped over the background using black india ink with the dandelion stamp shown.
I hope Maggi likes her F swap package!!

No comments: