Tuesday, April 20, 2010

50th Wedding Anniversary book

Our friends Walt and Rita are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary.. and we're invited to the party!!!
I had to make something for them. I had made one of these wine bottle shaped books for another couple when it was their 50th... just last year. I had cut the covers from mat board and painted with acrylic paints. I used my bind-it-all to punch and bind the book once it was completed.
On the cover I used a copy of the picture that was on the invitation for Walt and Rita's party. I layered the picture onto a piece of gold card stock that was die cut and embossed with a spellbinders die. I had several embellishments that worked perfectly for this project. A gold label that says "Celebrate", a couple of gold leaves, and metal numbers that I colored with a gold krylon pen. Below the picture I attached a label that I created with a P-touch label maker.
All of the pages for the book were cut from orchid card stock.
For the inside cover I used a spellbinders die cut to create the gold background and smaller white piece. I found a great saying that was appropriate for a 50th wedding anniversary. On the opposite page I attached a picture of Walt and Rita that I mounted onto orchid vellum. I had found another phrase that I typed onto white card stock, cut with decorative edge scissors, edged with a purple marker, and attached below the picture.





I didn't have a lot of pictures to fill the book so I used the internet to research what the cost of living was in 1960, the year Walt and Rita were married. I also created a list of U.S. Events; as well as, World Events. I typed that information onto purple and white colored card stock and attached to the pages.






Here's a look at two of the pages. Walt and Rita's daughter sent me a great sampling of pictures to use in the book. The picture on the right is my favorite of all the pictures. It is Walt and Rita with their daughter and grandchildren. All of them are sticking out their tongues after having eaten popsicles... so some tongues are pink while others are blue!!! I'm sure they'll be surprised and wonder how I was able to pull it off.
I used the various pictures to describe how Walt and Rita's 50 years resulted in a lasting marriage.









On the back of the wine book I die cut a gold scalloped oval as the background and a smaller scalloped oval in white card stock that had been typed prior to cutting.
I had the wine glass embellishment in my stash, but it was silver. So to continue with the gold theme, I colored the piece with a gold krylon pen.
The anniversary party is going to be this Saturday and we're so thrilled to be invited. Walt and Rita did not want any gifts, but I think they'll enjoy this little book!!! I know I would.

No comments: