Saturday, October 3, 2009

Frame It!!!!!


Here's a great idea for a gift... or, for yourself!
Start with this Magenta frame. I got mine from Sweetpea Stamps.
It is a square frame and has some depth to it. There is a core of foam between the front and back chipboard pieces.
You could color, paint, or stamp directly onto the frame itself, but here is what I decided to do....





I took an 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of white glossy cardstock and applied alcohol inks (juniper, clover, sailboat blue, and silver) with a felt applicator tool. I applied glue to the frame and laid it down onto the back side of the glossy paper. I trimmed somecardstock from around the outside and using and exacto knife cut an 'x' on the inside of the frame. I folded the inside edges in and glued them down and then folded the outside edges in and glued them down also.


Now for the fun part...
I stamped a verse and a mermaid image from plate #3 onto white cardstock and colored with H2O's. I cut them out and glued them onto the frame in opposite corners. In the lower left corner I used glossy accents to apply a few small sea shells and micro beads. In the upper right corner I used glossy accents to adhere several pieces of colored sea glass and more micro beads.
Now, I just need to find a picture and frame it!!! Or, maybe I'll give it as a gift!!

No comments: