Tuesday, September 29, 2009

ATC purse

This is a purse to hold ATC's. I created it for a swap called "What Women Want..."
I didn't have a template to create the purse, but used some measurements from 2 other items/templates that I had sitting around. I might do things a little differently if I ever make one of these again.
I used heavy duty decorative scrapbook paper for the purse. I inserted eyelets into the top and threaded a double strand of sheer pink ribbon through the eyelets to create the handle.
I outlined the flap with a gold krylon pen and then attached a pink rhinestone with a glue dot. Inside the flap I'll attach small pieces of velcro so the flap stays closed.
Here is a look at the inside of the purse. I created 6 pockets using light pink colored text weight paper.
I found some pink cardstock and cut pieces that would fit into the front and back inside. Before attaching them I stamped floral flourishes along the sides. I printed the phrases onto bright pink vellum and attached after placing the inserts into the purse.



Here are the ATC's that will go into the 6 pockets I created for the purse. I decided to go along the lines of a lighter theme vs a serious one.
There are tons of choices for this theme, but hopefully these will bring a smile to the person that receives it.
I already had the various background papers that I used for the ATC's. One is just a piece of blue cardstock, and the others are either pieces I had created or had received from others. The phrases were printed onto a sheer vellum and then attached to the ATC's using my xyron machine.

No comments: