Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Altered Notepads

I made some altered notepads to be given as gifts. Once again I can't take credit for the idea... my friend, Maggi, had given me one of these and I just copied her idea. Thanks Maggi!!!
The front and back covers were cut from mat board and then covered with decorative scrapbook paper.
For these 2 notepads I used my cuttlebug dies to create the letters I attached to the front covers. The notepad on the left may be a little difficult to read... it says "make a list".


I used my bind-it-all to punch the front and back covers and to insert the o-wires.
The notepads used on the inside were found at Michael's in the $1.00 bins. I created 2 straps and attached them to the back covers. The notepads slip into the straps, making it easy to replace them when the notepad is used up.


Here are 2 more altered notepads I created. Once again I covered the mat board with decorative scrapbook paper and then added some embellishments . On the right I created a piece using my cuttlebug embossing folder and then framed it with another piece of metallic cardstock.
On the left I created an ATC size piece. The background of the piece is a multicolored watercolor type technique. I then stamped and embossed an image onto that adding a silver bead strung on some metallic thread. The ATC piece was then mounted onto a ribbon before attaching to the cover.
And here's a look at the inside of these 2 notepads. Once the recipient uses up the note pad, they'll be able to replace it with another. I hope that whoever receives these enjoys them.

No comments: