Saturday, January 17, 2009

IT Girl for Pea

February is Pea's turn to be the IT Girl in the ART Ventures group.
I had purchased some wood letters spelling ART months ago; I had even forgotten I had them! Pea requested bold and funky colors with black and white checkerboard. I drew the checkerboards using pencil after painting all the letters with gesso. I chose 3 bold colors and mixed them up amongst the 3 letters; then I painted the checkerboard. I stamped art-related sayings on each using black stazon ink, but they still needed something else to complete them. I found some black and silver cording in my stash, so I used red line tape to adhere the cording around the edges of each letter.

GIVE ME AN 'A'!!!!!


I stamped "art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time". I wasn't sure if stamping these sayings on the wood letters would work, but I was glad it did. They needed something and art sayings seemed to be an appropriate thing to add.



GIVE ME AN 'R'!!!!


On the R, I stamped "the ability to play is essential to a creative artist".






GIVE ME A 'T'!!!!


The 'art' saying used on the T is "fill your paper with the breathings of your heart".















2 comments:

Carol said...

Fabulous idea and very FUNKY in style!!!

SweetPea said...

PERFECTION!!!! I just LOVE this Chrissy - and can't wait to display these in my Playroom!!!
GREAT GREAT GREAT JOB!!