Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Wedding cards

 A friend of mine asked if I could make her a wedding card!!  Well, I couldn't just make one!  I was on a roll, especially after I realized I would need at least 2 cards for myself to give this year.  As you can see I used a variety of items: ribbons, flowers, brads, cuttlebug embossing folders, nestabilities dies, webbing spray, stencils and paste, and decorative scrapbook papers.


 I had forgotten that I had this great swan stencil.  I pulled it out and used silver metallic embossing paste on some of the black card stock pieces and white embossing paste on the others.  I found that my metallic embossing paste had become somewhat 'gooey' over time.  I don't know exactly how old it is, but I'm guessing about 2 years.  I mixed it really well with the palette knife before applying to the surface and it was still a bit gooey and difficult to spread, but once it dried it looked fine.
 I love using the EK Success punch that I had purchased in Sayner, WI at 'The Mark-It Place'.  It is a 2 in 1 punch that can be used to create a border or used to create a stand alone flourish.
 I used another of my EK Success punches on these 2 cards.  Check out the cool decorative brads on the top card to the right.  They are pearl shaped hearts.  I found these in a discount scrapbook store near Pigeon Forge, TN.
I stayed with either the black and white, or red, black, and white theme.  These cards will be great for weddings, anniversaries, valentine's day, or even a birthday for that special someone.
The set of stamps I used on these cards is from 'Sweetpea Stamps'.  I had almost forgotten I had them!  I'm so glad I remembered.
The butterfly is a cuttlebug set of embossing folders and a die.  I created the butterfly with 3 layers.  The bottom layer is a silver metallic card stock, the middle is a black vellum, and the top is a heart-patterned vellum.  All 3 layers were run through the cuttlebug with an embossing plate to create texture.



I liked the butterfly so much I added it to 3 of these cards.  The friend who asked me to make a wedding card requested that it be a larger card.  Instead of making my usual 5 1/2 x 4 1/4" card I made these to be 7 x 5".
I only have about 2 or 3 verse stamps that would be appropriate for a wedding card and I didn't stamp the inside of any of these yet.  I'll wait to see what I use them for and then stamp the sentiment inside.

No comments: