Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fun with deco books

These are pages I did in Sweetpea's Altered Ego's deco book. It's an accordian style book and the paper is black. On the front page I stamped a 'squiggle' background in Starlight Silver Brilliance ink. Then I stamped a shrine image on a piece of pearlescent glossy paper. I had to heat emboss the image since it wasn't drying on the glossy paper. I cut out the center of the shrine and then stamped the 'joy of being' image on a separate piece of white cardstock. The image is from Paper Artsy and I'm a little disappointed in it because there is much more detail to the image that just doesn't show no matter what type of paper and what type of ink I tried. I added a little color around the image by sponging Aged Mahogony Distress Ink. To add just a touch more color I used gel pens, that I received as a gift from Pea, to color the flowers.
And here's the back of the page. Pea loves basic grey paper; don't we all!!! I used the paper as a background and then stamped an image with some background 'squiggles' on one piece. I had just purchased those stamps on Saturday from Lost Coast at a stamp show in Milwaukee. The 'art' quote I've had for some time. And then to finish it off I attached some metal alphabet pieces.
I think Pea will like it!!! But the book has to travel to 3 more people before she gets to see this in person. Sorry Queen Pea!

No comments: