Sunday, February 17, 2008

Fishing Journal

My husband, Bob, loves to fish. We do take and keep pictures of the fish he catches, but I thought it would be great if he had a fishing journal...so I made one. Bob's nickname is Fleth, short for our last name. And he is also know by some of his fishing buddies as Musky Bob ever since he became hooked on Musky fishing.
Bob is a catch and release fisherman when it comes to musky and northerns, which are 2 of the larger species of fish found in our area of the country. He went to a Musky school held in Canada's Lake of the Woods several years ago and since then has caught quite a few muskies.

For the inside of the front cover I used some great scrapbook paper I had found a while ago. There are various species of fish pictured and identified.
Then I typed up a little something for the first page of the journal. I had a musky stamp so I used it and a fishing rod punch.






Here's a look at the journal pages where Musky Bob will log his fish. On the right side he'll be able to attach a picture of the fish and on the left he can log the information that he thinks is important with regard to where, when, and how he caught the fish. He is an excellant fisherman so I expect him to fill up this book and then I'll make another. He plans to log the fish he has caught in the past. I'm not sure, but he may only be logging the Muskies and not the other species of fish; although, I think he should log all of them. He has caught some very large walleye and northern also.







On the inside of the back cover I've placed a copy of part of the map for Cedar Lake in Ontario Canada. Bob's been going fishing to Canada on this lake for many years. Usually he goes with the guys, but there are some years when the guys take us along.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Create idea and great work.
Annie

denise's little birdie studio said...

Hi, You have been tagged.
Here are the rules.
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Come join in.
Thanks,
Denise
little birdie studio