The first thing I tried was some walnut ink sprays. I haven't used them much and need some practice with spraying so I thought I'd give them a try. I have 4 different colors so I sprayed 2 of the colors on each of the 2 pieces to the left. I liked the way they looked, but after a minute or two I decided to blot up some of the spray with a paper towel. I do like them better now.
I used my 'homemade' color mists on this piece. My mists are pretty light colors once sprayed, even though they look quite dark in the bottles. This turned out okay, but not my favorite. I may decide to add something else later on.
Now to try some ink pads. I used Eggplant Adirondack ink. When it didn't look as good as I'd like I decided to spray a little water on and blot with a paper towel. It worked well on the previous pieces with walnut ink sprays, so why not try it again! I think that gave it a better look.
On this piece I used Olive Pastel Chalk inks to cover the scraps. I liked the way it initially looked, but since the previous piece looked so much better once I sprayed some water and blotted with a paper towel, I did the same to this piece. And I do like it better. In fact, this may be my favorite of the entire group.