Sunday, September 26, 2010

Completed the August challenge

Here is the collection of items that Bonnie gave us at our August 'shoebox' night. Now, our challenge, or should I call it homework, is to use these items to make something. Jane also brought something for all of us, but it isn't pictured here. It was a small slim gold colored box. You'll see it further on in this post.
I finally got inspired to use these items and create some 'stuff'. Well, I used all of it except for that piece of red and silver foil!!
The red corrugated paper in the upper left is perforated across the middle in a wave pattern.
Look at the background of this card and you'll see the diamond pattern piece that Bonnie provided us with. I layered that on top of a piece of black card stock that is slightly smaller than the grey card I started with. The 2 silver glitzy pieces were taken off another card that a friend of mine received and then saved for me to recycle. I added the black and white diamond pattern ribbon at the top of the card to coordinated with the background piece and add some interest.



It may be a little difficult to see, but this is the blue card with the diamond pattern. I attached a piece of blue vellum on top of the card before also attaching the sizzix architectural corners and the nestability flowers. I stamped the saying onto the blue vellum with india black ink. And I attached a pearl to the center of each flower.













The red corrugated paper that Bonnie gave us reminded me of waves... therefore, I thought of fish!! I embossed the fish with some embossing glitter and after applying the red corrugated paper to the top and bottom of the card I found this blue rick rack ribbon to add. I added some glossy accents in the bubbles above each of the fish.


This is the slim gold box that Jane brought to our August stamp night. The box is very slim and could be used to hold a gift card, cash, or maybe some stamping embellishments for a stamping buddy!!
The rhinestone applique was an item that Jane also gave us at Maggi's Stampin' Up party in September. The label is cut from a nestability die and I taped it onto the box before adhering the rhinestone flower.
I'm glad to finally complete all my challenges from our August stamp night. I'm sure Bonnie or someone will have more for us when we meet in October.

2 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

I love what you did with the challenges. I can hardly wait to see them in person!

bonnie32002 said...

I love what you did with the challenges. I can hardly wait to see them in person!