Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Distressed booklet

It's time to work on another swap item. This swap involves creating something that looks distressed.
I started with 2 chipboard pieces that would be used as covers for a booklet. I had purchased some of these in various shapes a while ago from The Oriental Trading Company.

For the pages of this booklet I cut out 8 pieces of cardstock just slightly smaller than the covers. I punched a hole in each that would line up with the hole in the covers.

I covered the chipboard covers with decorative scrapbook paper then using the foam blending tool I rubbed vintage photo distress ink along the edges of the covers and where the 2 pieces of scrapbook paper met.

This is a picture of the other side of the front and back covers for the booklet.

I decorated each of the 8 pages with decorative cardstock and then using a foam blending tool I rubbed on some vintage photo distress ink.

And here is the other side of the 8 pages. The backs are decorated in similar fashion as the front, just using different decorative cardstock.

Here's the finished booklet. I attached some fibers to a jump ring and then attached that to a split ring so that it could easily slide onto the key ring I used to bind the booklet.
I've intentionally left the booklet blank so that the recipient can stamp or collage with images that they would prefer.

1 comment:

bonnie32002 said...

I love the distressed booklet. I woulda never thought of making one for the distress it swap. I will have to broaden my horizons!