Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August stamp get together

Our August get together was held at my house. Unfortunately, 2 of the ladies were unable to attend. Liz, Bonnie's friend, had another commitment, and Ashley had to take her dog to the vet for an ear infection. We missed them, but it took us all night to do the 3 cards you see here. We would have done 4 cards, but when Maggi opened up her bag she found that her stamp scrubber had leaked and ruined the papers for her shoe box card!!!
This is my card. There were several options available with regard to the images. In the largest square you could stamp the canoe seen here, or a pontoon boat, or a kayaker. Instead of the tree, you could stamp an eagle. Rather than the loon you could stamp 2 people in a canoe. And instead of the pine cone you could have stamped a man fishing in a boat.
This is Jane's shoe box card... isn't it Great!! This is the second time I've used the Martha Steward punch we used on this card and I think I am going to buy it soon. We used double sided scrapbook paper - flowers on one side and stripes on the other.




This is Bonnie's shoe box card...
She had 2 versions: a night time version and a day time version; I chose the night time version. There were two interesting things we learned with this card. The blue background, behind the stamped trees, was created by swiping 2 colors of distress inks across the paper. We just applied the ink directly from the ink pads. The second thing we learned was how to make the decorative pin. Love the card!
This is a collection of items that Bonnie brought for each of us... it is for our monthly challenge. Her friend, Sally, sent her the items and now it is up to us to see what we can create with them. Maybe I should leave this out on the table and stare at it for a while to see if I come up with any ideas.



And Jane brought a bunch of these small boxes, so each of us took a few. These would make great gift card holders. I'll work on my challenge first and then see what I can do with these.
Next month we are meeting at Maggi's for a Stampin Up party.... so we don't need to make a shoe box card for the group.

No comments: