Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fantasy and Fibers with Sweetpea stamps


This image is from Sweetpea plate #21. This is one of the many Ching-Chou Kuik designs available.
I created the background for the stamped image using thin glossy paper and alcohol inks. I used 3 of the alcohol inks applying them next to each other on my felt applicator tool. I applied them diagonally across the glossy paper to create the subdued stripes. I then stamped the image onto the glossy paper using blackindia ink, trimmed the corners with a corner rounder, and applied a green marvy metallic marker around the edges.
I found some decorative card stock that worked well with the blues and greens in the background, cut it just shy of the size of the green card, applied the greenmarvy metallic marker to the edges, and punched a fiskars border punch on the bottom edge. The decorative card stock had an embossed corner that I had positioned in the upper left of the card. I used anexacto knife to cut around the middle two loops of the corner and then slid the glossy paper under it. After putting all the pieces together on the green card I wrapped the fuzzy fiber twice around the spine of the card and tied in a knot at the top.

Here is another image from Sweetpea plate #21. This wonderful plate contains 4 captivating images and 2 wonderful verses that can be used with these images or with any of the other wonderfulSweetpea images.
After stamping the image with black india ink I painted her with Twinkling H2O's and then trimmed around the image. I used a corner/photo punch in the lower left corner of the deep wine colored card. I cut a piece of lavender cardstock straight along the left and bottom edge, then tore a jagged edge diagonally, and punched the bottom left corner with the same corner/photo punch. I had some coordinating decorative scrapbook paper that looked great with this color combination. I cut a piece to fit into the lavender piece and again tore a jagged edge on the diagonal. It is difficult to see in this photo, but I ran a purple marvy marker around the 4 edges of the card and across the torn edges of the decorative scrapbook paper. I happened to have just a scrap left of the decorative paper so I slipped it behind the image before putting all the pieces together on the card front. I had the perfect fibers to add to this fantasy card, so I wrapped them once around the spine of the card and tied with a knot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is some beautiful work, the glossy photo paper really makes it look much more vibrant.