Sunday, April 3, 2011

Folded ATC's

This first panel of my folded ATC is purple vellum. I stamped a moon image in the top. I had hoped the vellum would look more transparent so that the scenery image stamped on the second panel would be more apparent. AT this point I'm not sure I like this ATC.


Here is a look at the folded ATC with the first panel opened. I had stamped one of my stampscapes images onto this panel and then colored with watercolor pencils.



Here is the ATC fully opened. My wolf stamp was stamped onto a piece of alcohol ink background and then mounted in the center of the folded ATC. I also stamped the 2 word stamps onto the back of the panel on the left.

I wasn't happy with the result so I waited a day or 2 and then worked on another folded ATC.



Here is my second attempt at a folded ATC. I stamped monarch butterfly wings onto purple vellum and used embossing powder on them. I cut the wings out leaving a small tab that I could tape under the center piece. I also punched 2 small butterflies out of a scrap piece of vellum that had also been embossed.
On the center piece I stamped a new hero arts stamp I had recently purchased onto a piece of card stock that I had sponged distress inks onto. I taped the butterfly wings behind the center piece and then mounted that onto the purple card stock.





Here is the ATC with the butterfly wings opened. I like this second attempt much more than my first attempt and will mail this ATC to my partner. I'm not sure what I'll do with the first attempt... I'm thinking it is going into the bin!

No comments: